Need help with the State Rent Relief & Housing Program?

Need Resources?


The following documents need to be submitted with your application form:

Please send COPIES of ALL documents listed below WITH your application form. A high volume of applications is anticipated. Therefore, receiving documents piecemeal may delay your application process. 

  1. Picture identification, preferably a valid Government ID for Main Applicant
  2. Social Security Card for all adults (You must have a valid Government ID if you do not have a Social Security Number.) 
  3. Documentation of loss of income due to COVID-19 (e.g. employment layoff/furlough letter, closure, etc.)
  4. For all adults: Unemployment/PUA verification of application with status of claim or weekly benefit amount statement 
  5. For all working adults: Two most current pay stubs nearest to application date
  6. Proof of any other type of income the household is receiving: social security, disability, welfare, etc. Food Stamps are NOT included.
  7. Proof of valid and current tenancy
  8. HOA statement and/or most recent mortgage statement

    If you have questions, please contact the appropriate office listed in the 'Where Do I Apply' section below.

Required DocumentsWhere Do I Apply?
State of Hawaii logo

State Rent Relief & Housing Assistance Program

Get ResourcesSee FAQs

To apply for the State of Hawaii Rent Relief and Housing Assistance Program, contact Catholic Charities Hawaii.

Phone: 211

Phone: (808) 521-4357 (HELP)
FAX: (808) 537-6325

Phone: (808) 241-4673 
FAX: (808) 632-6919

Aloha United Way

Catholic Charities Hawaii

Phone: (808) 873-4673
FAX: (808) 872-6219

Hawaii Island
Phone: (808) 961-7050
FAX: (808) 961-7059

Contact Catholic Charities Hawaii
Catholic Charities Hawaii
United Way logo
Contact Aloha United Way
Have Any Questions?

© 2020 Hawaii Housing & Finance Development Corporation

State of Hawaii